Announcing the MENAWCA 2016 conference
MENA Writing Centers: Reality vs. Ideal
in collaboration with the International English Language Teaching Conference
April 21-22, 2016
Sultan Qaboos University
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Dana Driscoll
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Abstract submission deadline: January 20, 2016
Conference proposal form: Submit a proposal here.
Pre-registration deadline: April 14, 2016
Call for proposals: While every writing center and program is unique, we follow common theoretical threads that are the core of our service. This year's conference theme asks us to explore and evaluate the theoretical ideal against our writing center and classroom realities in the MENA region. In our work as writing center administrators, tutors, users, and writing teachers, we will reflect on our beliefs
We invite proposals that reflect the general theme of the conference, responding to the following questions:
- What are we preparing writers for?
- What do students and writing instructors want from writing centers?
- How can we maximize benefits from visits to the writing center?
- Does theory support practice in MENA writing center interaction?
- What are the realities of conducting writing program and writing center research in the MENA region?
- Within our reality, how can we best direct and manage writing center services in our campuses? What lessons have we learned?
- What is the ideal for tutor training?
- What professional development opportunities could benefit MENA writing center and writing program staff?
- What are the solutions to meeting resource and operational challenges in writing centers?
- How can MENA writing centers ideally situate themselves within their institutions?
This conference aims to support and promote current writing center practice in the region, explore or identify areas of research in our MENA writing centers and writing programs, and facilitate dialogue among writing center professionals and writing program instructors.
Become a member of MENAWCA by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe to the MENAWCA Mailing List by writing to email@example.com. Visit some MENAWCA Writing Centers
Read the Fall 2015 MENAWCA NewsletterSend News! Send updates, items of interest, and announcements to the Newsletter Editor.
Questions? Contact Us
Questions? Contact Us
Like us on Facebook